• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Lease Contract Fraudulent Misrepresentation or Fraud Inducement of a contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

ndsu2100

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?North Dakota

I went to my local Chrysler dealer to get a 2005 300. I could not afford to buy, so I leased. There were 3 main reasons I went through with the lease & I believe that they were fraudulently misrepresented by the salesman and finance manager.

Here's the facts:
1) My trade-in was a 1999 Chrysler Sebring LXI that had 80,000 miles. I was told that they could only give me $4750 (although I could have gotten $6250 privately) for the trade because, naturally "We have to make a little profit too & by the time we get it ready to sell and off the lot we would only make a $500 - $750 profit." I thought this to be true, but the day after they have my old car, an interested party calls me to ask how it ran & such. In our conversation I found out they were selling it for $6250 AS IS!!!!!! They could not have done anything, but vacuum it out and they are making a $1500 profit....
2) They told me they were not going to be getting anymore of these cars in, but TWO WEEKS LATER I saw the exact car on the lot for sale....
3) The terms of the lease are 48 months 60,000 miles. My wife & I questioned them whether we could get a car of the SAME COST &&& if our payments would STAY THE SAME PER MONTH, if we did not like the car one or two months down the road. The salesman and finance guy said it, "Oh yeah, that would be no problem." It turns out that we do not like the car, and when I called them to see if I could get a different one of the SAME COST, they told me that I couldn't because I owed too much.

These are three of the MAJOR factors that got us to sign the lease and we believe that we should be able to recover something out of this, if not be able to get a different vehicle.

HOWEVER, the actual contract for the lease states early termination of the lease, which is what the dealership is telling me I would have to do to get different vehicle....THIS WOULD COST ME $16,000 MORE THOUGH!!!!

Anyone have any idea what to do here??? DO I HAVE A CASE on basis of fraudulent misrepresentation or fraudulent inducement of a contract?????

THANK YOU
Justin

HomeGuru

ndsu2100 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?North Dakota

I went to my local Chrysler dealer to get a 2005 300. I could not afford to buy, so I leased. There were 3 main reasons I went through with the lease & I believe that they were fraudulently misrepresented by the salesman and finance manager.

Here's the facts:
1) My trade-in was a 1999 Chrysler Sebring LXI that had 80,000 miles. I was told that they could only give me $4750 (although I could have gotten $6250 privately) for the trade because, naturally "We have to make a little profit too & by the time we get it ready to sell and off the lot we would only make a $500 - $750 profit." I thought this to be true, but the day after they have my old car, an interested party calls me to ask how it ran & such. In our conversation I found out they were selling it for $6250 AS IS!!!!!! They could not have done anything, but vacuum it out and they are making a $1500 profit....
2) They told me they were not going to be getting anymore of these cars in, but TWO WEEKS LATER I saw the exact car on the lot for sale....
3) The terms of the lease are 48 months 60,000 miles. My wife & I questioned them whether we could get a car of the SAME COST &&& if our payments would STAY THE SAME PER MONTH, if we did not like the car one or two months down the road. The salesman and finance guy said it, "Oh yeah, that would be no problem." It turns out that we do not like the car, and when I called them to see if I could get a different one of the SAME COST, they told me that I couldn't because I owed too much.

These are three of the MAJOR factors that got us to sign the lease and we believe that we should be able to recover something out of this, if not be able to get a different vehicle.

HOWEVER, the actual contract for the lease states early termination of the lease, which is what the dealership is telling me I would have to do to get different vehicle....THIS WOULD COST ME $16,000 MORE THOUGH!!!!

Anyone have any idea what to do here??? DO I HAVE A CASE on basis of fraudulent misrepresentation or fraudulent inducement of a contract?????

THANK YOU
Justin
**A: the answer is in your contract so read your lease contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">