• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto lease contracts - how binding are they?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rose730

Massachusetts

Hello, I'm new here and hope someone can be of help. My husband and I recently(5/3) entered into a lease agreement with a Chrysler dealer for a new vehicle. We signed a lease contract for 36 months, paid the first month's payment as well as other charges due at signing, and took delivery of the vehicle. I have been happily enjoying the car for several weeks. Today I received a phone call from the dealership's business manager. He said that there was a mistake on the contract and that the monthly payments would be $40 per month more than the contracted lease agreement I have now.

Is the lease I have now binding? (It is signed by both parties) Can I insist on not paying more?

Can I legally return the vehicle and walk away? If so, am I entitled to any of the money paid at signing? (security deposit) The business manager said that if we return the vehicle it would appear as a repossession and be a black mark on our credit record.
Thank You in advance for any advice you can give.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">