• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto lease termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frank1965

pennsylvania
I lease a 2002 dodge dakota, my term is 63 mo. I have about 33 payments left,but would like to get out now. my original bank, (Provident), allowed lease trades / assumptions , but they have now sold out to National City who wont allow them. Have they breached my contract? I had even had my truck listed on "Swap-lease" prior to the sale of my lease to another bank.I just dont want to ruin my good credit by re-posession but I cant afford the payment anymore I'm all ears to some good legal advice. thanks

longneck

what does the lease itself say? my lease has an exit option that starts at $3000 and declines with the life of the lease.

- Carl

frank1965

lease termination

Nothing about a buy-out option. The bank is basically saying to trade it in to a dearlership, buy-out the vehical(that figure is 20,000), or do a voluntary repo. This is neg. credit and still responsible for amount difference after the vehicle is auctioned. I've even asked the bank to possibly re-negotiate the terms to lengthen the term but have a lower payment ., but most people at the bank are clueless and don't want to get past the first 3 options. I know an involuntary repo is very bad for your credit but how bad can the voluntary one be?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">