• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto loan contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Radel28

State: Pennsylvania
A friend tricked me to sign an auto loan contract last month. Both of our names are on the contract, but my name comes first and he is a co-buyer. The contract states that the co-buyer will be responsible for all debt and the title will go to the other owner. I never drove the car and he promised to make all the payments. However, I just found out that he used someone else's social security number for the loan, and he probably abandone the car soon. My questions are 1) the dealer and/or the bank are responsible for not completely checking my friend's social security number before approving the loan? 2) if the payments are not made and the bank reposseses the car, can I deny the debt because I already warned the dealer and bank about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">