• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Loan Contract and Late Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

w8n4ufo

I currently live in California, but the auto loan contract was entered into in Colorado. I read over my auto loan contract a couple times and no where in it is anything mentioned about fees for late payments. I've had a few late payments due to unfortunate circumstances and had first been charged a $15 late fee for each late payment. The finance company later had the loan serviced through another company who started tacking on fees of $50 each in their 'other charges' column with no description of what the charges were for. I would like to know if there must be something in the contract regarding late fees and the amount of the late fees in order for the finance company to collect them. If nothing is stated in the contract does that mean that they are not allowed to charge them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">