• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Loan Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CJAlagirl

What is the name of your state? California

I have an auto loan I have been current with the last 3 years. In June, I asked for a deferment on my June 25th payment, I was sent the paperwork from a young lady at their office. She asked that I send $53 for the finance charge, which I did, and the signed paperwork, I also faxed her a signed copy of the paperwork to be sure she received it. On July 11 I received a statement saying that I owed the June payment. I faxed her asking if everything was in order, and why I had gotten the statement. On Monday, July 14, I received 8 calls from this horrible guy, demanding me to make the payment, that this lady who had handled the deferment was gone from the company and that now it was void, and they have no record of the first money order, I even told him to apply the July payment to the June payment and defer my July payment. I am totally ignored. Now I am getting calls from their "legal dept", what is my recouse. I am really upset.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">