• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Misrepresentation --- New vs Used

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

uwishunew

What is the name of your state? Ca

I purchased a vehicle in 4/2000 and despite numerous subtle attempts to discover the information i only discovered today that despite the car being sold as "new" (this is stated on the sales contract), it had in fact been registered as a preowned demo as of 9/6/1999. While this is a clear violation of law (in my opinion), I am unsure of how to proceed. Questions include:
1. What happened between 9/1999 and 4/2000, was this car bought back and the odometer rolled back (car had 65 miles when i purchased it on the odometer)?

2. Is this worth pursuing given the age of the vehicle and relatively troublefree nature?

Somehow i feel that there SHOULD be a penalty for misrepresentation and collusion by several service departments to hide this information from me but dont want to put huge amounts of time in, only to be told that "YES they did things wrong but you weren't really harmed" ... PLEASE NOTE that i CERTAINLY would have PAID less for the vehicle as "USED" even if it truly did have only have 65 miles on it.

thank you for your response.

JETX

First and most obvious question... what did the dealership say when your sent your question in WRITING and included a copy of your documentation???

U

uwishunew

i did not contact the dealer yet as i BELIEVE that they lied to me and would have NO intention of dealing with me fairly.... my financial interest at this point is minor in my opinion, it's more a matter of trust and penalizing them. They are already aware that i know of their deceit as the manufacturer contacted them so if they were interested in actually making it good they would have contacted me ( my contact information is on file with them).

JETX

Well, since you seem intent on not resolving this in any reasonable manner.... contact an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">