• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Pickup Please help!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wejeep

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Hello:
I have this problem now. Back in November 2002, I sold a car to a guy in another state. He paid for it, and was suppose to arrange transportation for it. My last contact from him was in January of 2003. I have not heard anything from him since. I have tried many times to email him. I emailed him a letter in May stating if it was not picked up with in 10 days I was going to get rid of it to get it off my property. Still no reply from him! I finally did get rid of it last week July 2003. 8 month after I sold it to him, and over a month after I last informed him I wanted it gone. Well low and behold he called today and left a message wanting to come and get it now. I havnt talked to him yet! I stored this car for 8 months, and had over 5 months of no contact from him. Anyone what can I do about this.
I know it sounds bad, but I do not want to have to refund his money, being I have had 8 months of storage, I had stated this all in the letter I sent him in May about storage fees and I would be selling it to cover those. Do I have a leg to stand on here?
Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">