• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto in possession, along with unsigned title, advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

next-to-hell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia. Here is my situation. My son is in possession of a vehicle that was given to him many months back. He was given the title as well (unsigned). The deal was, if he could get the car running, it was his to keep, sell or do what he wanted with. The person who gave my son the vehicle, we have learned, has since moved out of state. My son tried contacting him, via his cell number- which has been diconnected. I have no way of tracking this man down. My question is; we are in possession of both the vehicle and the title (unsigned) what can we do legally to either register or sell this car, now that my son has finally got it running??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">