• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lisaz113

What is the name of your state? IN

I went to a car dealership on 7/23 to look at new vehicles. After test driving and talking to a sales person I decided to purchase. He took my information ran a credit check and came back with an
offer. I declined first offer and stated I could go no higher than $389 per month. He went back to talk with his people and came back stating we had a deal. It was time for the lot to close so they gave me the keys and told me Congratulations and took my old car and I drove the new one home and to come back the next day to finish the paper work.

I went back the next day and one of their finance guys asked me more questions had me do a customer interview over the phone with someone from one of their finance places and was then told they could not do the deal they originally stated but if I put $500 down they could let me have the car for $399 per month. I agreed and signed the contract.

Two weeks later I received a call my Bank One where my orginal car lease was through. They had not received the payoff yet. I told them I would call the dealership to find out what was going on. Before I could - the dealership called me stating I needed to come in and re-do some paperwork but there was nothing to worry about.

I went back to the dealership where I was then told they could not get the deal to work out but after contacting a different finance company they could let me keep the car for around $425 per month but at a higher interest rate. I debated b/c I wasn't sure I could really afford that but I had already been driving the new vehicle for 2 weeks so I didn't want to give it up. After much mental anguish I decided to do it. Now I feel like I have made a mistake and that I have been taken advantage of. Is there anything I can do? I just received another call from the dealership today requesting more information such as copies of the child support I receive so I have a feeling they are still trying to work out a deal that isn't going to work out. In the meantime my lease company for the previous vehicle is charging me late fees and my credit is being effected because this dealership isn't sending them the payoff for my trade in. Help!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">