• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Purchase And Loan Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CSchear

In Utah we were aproved for a loan of $15,000. We found a car for $13,000 and took it. What we found out later is that the loan only covers value up to the high list price. We signed the contract, but I have heard there is a "three day right to recend" when you purchase a car.
Is this really a law? Can someone give me some advise on what to do with the contract?

Thanks,
CSchear

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CSchear said:
In Utah we were aproved for a loan of $15,000. We found a car for $13,000 and took it. What we found out later is that the loan only covers value up to the high list price. We signed the contract, but I have heard there is a "three day right to recend" when you purchase a car.
Is this really a law? Can someone give me some advise on what to do with the contract?

Thanks,
CSchear
My response:

You're thinking of door-to-door sales contracts. In your case, unless a retail salesman came to your home to sell you the car, you are not entitled to a rescission.

It appears, as you explain, that you bought a car.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">