• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto purchased was once wrecked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oxyjock

i live in north carolina. nine months ago i purchased a program car from a dealer. i asked if the car were ever wrecked (standard question of mine when i buy a car). i was told if it had they were required to tell me. a month later i recieved a statement in the mail that said it had not been wrecked. last wek i started to have some problems and found it had severe front end damage. what can i do?

F

fathom65

i had the exact problem down here in florida. so i got in touch with the dealer and honda corp. and my local tv news and all that was finally said was the dealer does not have to tell you if a car was wrecked prior to your purchase now i have been sued for $8,000 for a car i no longer have because i told them to come get the car it was not worth the money i was paying. so they got it back and sold it at auction in a different town and the difference from the initial sale(from me) and the auction price i got sued for. you are stuck that is the law at least here in florida. sorry to say that maybe somebody else has better advise for you but same thing happened to me and i lost.

T

Terra_lh

What did you find out?

I just found out that my car was also wrecked prior to my purchasing it (it was also from a dealership and was a fleet car). I was wondering if you had found out any additional information. I live in Texas, and I thought I'd do a little investigating to find out what my rights are. I'm FURIOUS because I feel like I was totally taken advantage of. Another car dealership told me that "full disclosure" is required, and it seems like it should be - it is when you purchase a house. Anyway, I'd love to know if you've found anything else out. Thanks : )

oxyjock

Nope, sorry, I have not found out a thing yet. The dealership has payed what was owed on what was not covered by warranty. To me that implies some sort of guilt. They definately would not be doing it out of kindness, huh? I am just worried about 5 years down the road, when things fall apart due to the wreck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">