• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gwitch

What is the name of your state? KY.

An auto mechanic put a fuel pump on my car 6 months ago. A week after that the car wouldn't start and I took it back and they said the fuel pump that they had put on was bad and they replaced it. Now the car won't start and they are trying to say it is the fuel pump again. They have had the car for a week now and when I call today, the mechanic tries to tell me the auto parts place doen't want to stand behind their year warranty because they sold it to the garage over a year ago. What this mechanic is trying to tell me, he had the fuel pump on his shelf for over a year and eventhough he put it in my car only 6 months ago, the warranty is no good. Like is like saying, you go to Wal-mart.....but an appliance that has sit on the shelf for 11 months and your warranty is only for 1 month. Where can I send in a complaint on these grease monkeys? This is ridiculous!!!!!!!!! Plus my daughter calls the auto parts place where they say they bought the fuel pump and there is no record of selling to this garage. MY daughter calls them back with this info and the mechanic tells her that he does not have to take this crap from any female and to come and get the MF..ing car.

fronty

When you buy an appliance, the warranty starts at time of purchase not the date it was manufactuered. Sometimes stock will sit idle for months. He probably is just claiming the warranty starts when he purchased the fuel pump from the supply house. I used to work for an HVAC company when I was younger, and we always started the warranty the day the part was installed. The part could have been sitting in the truck for years; it didn't matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">