• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto repair 5wks and still unfinished

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OldhamHillbilly

What is the name of your state? KY
my auto has been in a repair shop for over 5 wks. repair is a valve job. mechanic is having personal problems and has not been showing up for work and he is the only person who can do the job (small family run business). parts sent to a machine shop and are back at my mechanic's shop, but due to his "personal" problems my car is just sitting there. no other garage will take my car because it is not "together". how long must i wait or is there soemthing i can do to get the job completed as well as some type of releif (discount) for the time i have been forced to wait? what can i do? are there any legal steps available?

justalayman

There is very little you can do to make the guy finish your car. Your remedy is to collect the pieces and take it elsewhere but since you cannot get anybody to take over the project, you are stuck.

You can take legal action right now but realistically, a court cannot force a person to do something they don't want to do. They court will, at best, order the guy to finish the car OR return it to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">