• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto repair at a dealership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

henrymiller

What is the name of your state? California.
I bought a used truck from a private seller. About a month after the purchase, the vehicle developed a problem (rough idle, 'check engine' light coming on). I figured I would pay the premium repair costs at a dealer to receive the 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty. After spending nearly $1,000 in repairs, the vehicle now completely stalls while driving or at idle (problem is intermittant). This NEVER happened until AFTER their original repair. I have taken the vehicle back SEVEN times! The dealership, which has been fairly professional otherwise, has told me they don't know what's wrong and that I shouldn't bother bringing it back to them. The original repair happened about 5 months ago. Please help! What can I do, legally, to force them to repair the vehicle, or refund all my repair costs?? Thank you in advance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

henrymiller said:
What is the name of your state? California.
I bought a used truck from a private seller. About a month after the purchase, the vehicle developed a problem (rough idle, 'check engine' light coming on). I figured I would pay the premium repair costs at a dealer to receive the 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty. After spending nearly $1,000 in repairs, the vehicle now completely stalls while driving or at idle (problem is intermittant). This NEVER happened until AFTER their original repair. I have taken the vehicle back SEVEN times! The dealership, which has been fairly professional otherwise, has told me they don't know what's wrong and that I shouldn't bother bringing it back to them. The original repair happened about 5 months ago. Please help! What can I do, legally, to force them to repair the vehicle, or refund all my repair costs?? Thank you in advance.

My response:

The Bureau of Automotive Repairs,
A Department of the California Board of Consumer Affairs.

http://www.autorepair.ca.gov/StdPage.asp?Body=/GenInfo/Publications/Auto_Repair_Guide-Jul_1998.htm

Your tax dollars support this wonderful, and helpful agency. Use them.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">