• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Repair Shop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? TX
Ok, here is my situation. My car was overheating and needed a new water pump. I took it to a place reccommended to me by a passerby when I had to stop to put more water in it. I took it to this place on Wednesday and they "supposedly" fixed the problem and picked it up 4 hours later.....
The "mechanic" told me to give it a little time for all the anti-freeze and water to circulate through and that the low coolant light might stay on until that happened. He also told me to put some more water in it the next morning. I followed all his instructions, yet the light for low coolant was still on, although it was not really overheating.....
Concerned by this whole thing, thislast night I placed a stop payment on the check and notfied the mechanic that the car was still not operating correctly and he in return notfied that the check did not go through.....
I explained to him the situation, what the car was doing.....he said to bring it to him and he would take a look at it......I said I would have to find someone to take the car up there, he said first to bring him his money.....
Here is my question:
1. Given the situation, should I bring the car back to him? Or should I try to find a more reputable mechanic?
2. If he did not fix what had to be fixed, does he deserved to get the money for the repairs?
Thanks for the prompt replies.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">