• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto repair shop put a lien on my car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kylei123

Auto repair shop put a lien on my car they never fix it?

He never repair my car he just string me along i even brought the part and he said he was gonna fix it i keep calling the shop he keep saying iam get to it it been 2 months now i just show up today to see what going on with my car ad was just sitting there i ask to get my car he said you cant get your car i but a lien on it
i ask him what lien he said for storage fees and on top of that he said he sold my rims of my truck so i call the police to report my rims stolen when the officer show up ask for all the paper works and to see the car, he had work orders that where alter and we where on our way back to see the car my rims where hiding under a hood of another car now the officer ask him you cant keep some one car if you havent repair it now that where he said i put lien on this car for storage fees can he do that i was will to pay for the so call free tow now he said it 150 plus dianigos 300 i was will to paid him that not 2800, so after that the officer ask for the lien paper he said it at home in hes mail box
the officer told him if you dont have the paper by today he have to release the car today i show up wait 5 hours he come out and gave me a lien paper
so here i am i dont know where to start

BL

He never repair my car he just string me along i even brought the part and he said he was gonna fix it i keep calling the shop he keep saying iam get to it it been 2 months now i just show up today to see what going on with my car ad was just sitting there i ask to get my car he said you cant get your car i but a lien on it
i ask him what lien he said for storage fees and on top of that he said he sold my rims of my truck so i call the police to report my rims stolen when the officer show up ask for all the paper works and to see the car, he had work orders that where alter and we where on our way back to see the car my rims where hiding under a hood of another car now the officer ask him you cant keep some one car if you havent repair it now that where he said i put lien on this car for storage fees can he do that i was will to pay for the so call free tow now he said it 150 plus dianigos 300 i was will to paid him that not 2800, so after that the officer ask for the lien paper he said it at home in hes mail box
the officer told him if you dont have the paper by today he have to release the car today i show up wait 5 hours he come out and gave me a lien paper
so here i am i dont know where to start
How much is the car worth ?

If not over your State's small claims limit ,file in small claims court the worth of your car .

The officer has a good point .If the shop strung you along and did not repair it , the time they kept it is on them .

justalayman

How much is the car worth ?

If not over your State's small claims limit ,file in small claims court the worth of your car .

The officer has a good point .If the shop strung you along and did not repair it , the time they kept it is on them .
You understood that?

cosine

He never repair my car he just string me along...
I can read a six languages, but not this. Unfortunately for you, this is an English language forum. So switching to whatever your native language is, is not an option. Since you are in the USA, it would help you a lot to work with "the system" here if you were to put some effort into improving your language skills. Or hire a translator.

BL

You understood that?
Actually ,yes .

I live in a city where English is getting to be a minority around here .

Also , try to get help from Virgin Mobile , or a lot of Companies .

You'll get to know the accent , and some of the meanings . :D

I have also been string/strung along the way this poster has with one excuse after another.

I finally just called a tow Co. and had it pulled out of the shop's yard ,and ended up repairing it myself .

This poster even brought the part to the shop they needed to repair it .

From the poster's description , he/she didn't just leave it for 2 months without following up .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">