• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Repair Warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thomkat256

A major auto oil-change company has accepted liability for the damage to my car due to their negligence (they left a plug off the rear end differential & I drove 500 miles without gear oil!). The est for repairs= $2000, but they want to see if they can find a USED rear end! This all took place in California. My car was running fine ('96 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 69,000 mi) before. I don't think I should have to accept someones old parts after THEY fouled up! As it is they pretty much messed up our family's trip to L.A.
What are my options? So far they're paying for our rental car, and were good to deal with until I heard about the USED parts later in the day. Please let me know what you think. Thanks, Thomkat256

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">