+ Reply to Thread
    tek0011 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Auto Repossession

What is the name of your state? MN

My car was repossessed yesterday. I am wondering what the Minnesota "Right to Cure" law is. If there is one? The lender told me i have 10 days to come up with the full balance of $8,400. Any ideas?
    racer72 is offline Senior Member
    Any ideas?
    Do whatever it takes to round up $8400.
    If you feel my answer is rude, mean, snarky or in anyway not to your liking, I did my job. You don't need to tell me.

No private messages, I do not reply to them.
    thanks. that really really helps. no sh*t**************
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tek0011 View Post
    thanks. that really really helps. no sh*t**************
    **A: there is a liitle known secret among MN lawyers that could get your car back and reaffirm the debt provided you pay the total amount in areas plus costs relative to collection activity. Is the lender in state or out of state? Is the lender a credit union, bank or dealer connected ie. Ford Mortor Co., GMAC etc.?
    The lender is Wells Fargo Financial -
    I have till the 10th to redeem it at the full $8,400
    I am not sure if the lender itself is out of state, I would assume so.

On another note I was approved for a $10,000 auto loan through a dealership. Do you know if there is any way to purchase my car through the dealership, through my lender? If you know what I mean?
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    The lender is Wells Fargo Financial -
    I have till the 10th to redeem it at the full $8,400
    I am not sure if the lender itself is out of state, I would assume so.

On another note I was approved for a $10,000 auto loan through a dealership. Do you know if there is any way to purchase my car through the dealership, through my lender? If you know what I mean?
    **A: I was going to help you then noticed your wise ass comment made to my friend racer72. So tough sh*t************
    my wise a** comment?? Look at what he said to me. Do you think that the day after i lose my car i need to hear a smart comment like, come up with the full $8400...? Sorry, i wasnt in the best mood and didn't need to hear something stupid like that. I was looking for real help. Like as you did/were going to. But whatever i guess. Just thought his reply was uncalled for so i overreacted. Sorry.
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    my wise a** comment?? Look at what he said to me. Do you think that the day after i lose my car i need to hear a smart comment like, come up with the full $8400...? Sorry, i wasnt in the best mood and didn't need to hear something stupid like that. I was looking for real help. Like as you did/were going to. But whatever i guess. Just thought his reply was uncalled for so i overreacted. Sorry.
    I'm not sure what you see as inaccurate in the advice to come up with $8,400.00.
    It might sting, but it's the most straight-forward solution.
    inaccurate
    I didn't say it was inaccurate. Im saying its an obvious comment that doesn't need to be said. You know. Like duh, obviously, clearly.
    Never mind and thanks for the help. Or lack there of.
    I'm looking for real help, not obvious answers like come up with the money.
    Wherever HomeGuru was going was the path i was looking for.

So anyone else that feels like being a caring individual and giving me some actual advice that might help, Im all ears.... or eyes and fingers rather. I have 8 days left.

Or if anyone wants a good deal on a 2002 Monte Carlo Dale Earnhardt Edition -
    86k miles
    taken great care of: tire rotations, oil changes (synthetic), all tune ups,
    $3k stereo system: Pioneer Deck - 2, 12" Rockford Fosgate Subs w/ 2 350 watt RF Amps - sirius satellite - +more
    After market: modified CPU - Cold Air Intake - High Pressure Fuel Pump - low temp therm.

Ill let you know when the auction is!! prob take it for 4-5 grand, could sell it down south to a racing fan (as I am not one) for as much as 13-16k.
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    I'm looking for real help, not obvious answers like come up with the money.
    Ah, so you're looking for a way to weasel out...gotcha

Thumbs down

OMG. i give up on you guys. No im not looking for a way to weasel out. Im looking for a way to get my car back w/o having to come up with the full balance....
    I dont mind paying the rest of it, i just dont have 8,400 to come up with in 8 days. I purchased it for $32k 6 years ago. $610/mo until now. Im in the mortgage industry and if you havnt read, its not going the best.
    Ive paid my dues on it. Over 50k total including interest. I am wondering if there is a way to get it back w/o having to come up with the balance. Thats all. If there is no way, zip, zero, nil, null, to do this then just please tell me. If there is a possibility of a path I can go (even if it ends up going no where) then please tell me. Im guessing there may be based up Guru's previous post. Otherwise Im done with the assumptions and wise comments. I dont need even more stress. And im not looking to turn this thread into a conversation/argument or anything of the such. Just want real answers from real people.
    IM LOOKING FOR "FREE ADVICE" AS THE WEBSITE NAME SAYS. Thats all.
    Help me or no?
    Last edited by tek0011; 10-03-2007 at 06:02 PM.
    HAHAHA and now that i see Racers signature he makes sense to me.....

If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.
    Thats pretty funny actually.

HomeGuru... Help me or no?