• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Shop Damages Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

royalty84

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

My father, who's a senior citizen, went to get an oil change for his Mercedes Benz, which is actually older that me. My father drives it out the shop, and not even a minute later, the oil spills EVERYWHERE. He goes back to the shop, and the shop tells him that the car was already like that. So My father leaves the shop and goes to a foreign auto repair shop down the street. They say that it was indeed the previous' shop's fault, and now some other things are wrong with the car as well.

What kind of recourse, if any, would my father have?

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

My father, who's a senior citizen, went to get an oil change for his Mercedes Benz, which is actually older that me. My father drives it out the shop, and not even a minute later, the oil spills EVERYWHERE. He goes back to the shop, and the shop tells him that the car was already like that. So My father leaves the shop and goes to a foreign auto repair shop down the street. They say that it was indeed the previous' shop's fault, and now some other things are wrong with the car as well.

What kind of recourse, if any, would my father have?
Did he drive it down the road ?

Was the oil completely drained when he drove it ?

If so , he's also negligent .

If not , what else is wrong with it ?

Why did the second shop say the oil was draining ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">