• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto TITLE LOAN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BrenPooBah

What is the name of your state? NEVADA

Hi, I am embarrased to ask this, but here goes... I have taken out a loan on the title of my car for the 2nd time with the same place (I should have learned the first time, but things happen....). Anyway....

After buying my title back the first time, I never did get around to getting the lien-holder's name off my title. Also the first time I did sign a bill of sale thing & something else for the loan. Then I got my title back, etc.

The 2nd time, I got my loan and they asked for my title (to keep in possession), but my key wouldn't work so I had to leave & get it fixed & come back - which meant they gave me back my title (original). When I came back with the fixed key & completed the loan, they forgot to ask for my original title & I forgot to give it. When I went back a month later to make the 1st month payment, they never mentioned it, so I have the loan AND my title, but their name is on the title as the lien holder, BUT when I did the initial transaction THIS second time, I did not sign a bill of sale thing, but I did notice they had my paperwork from the first loan & saw that original copy in the file.

So I am wondering what they can do legally with the paperwork from the first loan, & their name still on my title since I never got it taken off after the first loan, if the title is in my possession? Make sense?

I DID sign the regular loan doc thiing this time but not the bill of sale for my title - they're using the copy from my last loan.

I know I must sound like a loser - I'm really not. Just hard times I don't know how to get out of is all...

racer72

The loan contract overrides your possession of the title. If taken to court, you will lose in a very short trial.

BrenPooBah

One more question...

When I pay off the loan this time... can I legally requst possession of my full file? Or is it legally theirs? I want it shredded - makes it eaier to not go back... & to know they can't take my car in the future... I didn't know they still had my signature card on file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">