• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Title Loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amgerman22

I live in the state of Georgia. In November, I took out a Title loan on my car for $1500. However, the car has been into an accident and will cost too much to fix. I only had Liability insurance on the car. The insurance companies are disputing who is at fault. My question is:

Do I have to pay the $1500 back or can I just give them the car?

Help Please?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in the state of Georgia. In November, I took out a Title loan on my car for $1500. However, the car has been into an accident and will cost too much to fix. I only had Liability insurance on the car. The insurance companies are disputing who is at fault. My question is:

Do I have to pay the $1500 back or can I just give them the car?

Help Please?
You have to pay them the $1,500 (at least). In fact, I'm willing to bet that you violated the terms of the loan by not maintaining sufficient insurance...

amgerman22

They were aware I had only liability on the vehicle. Can't they reposess the vehicle and sell for parts or something? I'm sure they will get the $1500 plus. The bluebook was $4000 before the accident. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">