• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto warranty switch

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sherrod3

What is the name of your state? tennessee

Problem: We bought a used "certified" car last July 20. The salesman told us that we were getting a 6-yr, 100-k mile warranty with the car, as did the business manager. They gave us a Volvo warranty brochure with our papers, and the salesman actually went over the points in the brochure with us. I had no occasion to use the warranty until last week. When I got there, they said I had exceeded my warranty by 109 miles, but my mileage was at 74,109. I left without having work done on the car. I later called the business manager, who admitted that a mistake was made in the transferrance of the warranty, and that we were actually supposed to get a 2-yr, 74-k mile warranty, even though we were told differently. We looked back through our papers, and the paper warranty that was sent to us (in December, 5 mos after purchasing the car) did indeed say 74k, 2 years. We want the dealership to honor the warranty they sold us. The business manager there said that regardless of the fact that they made a mistake, an implied warranty carries no weight, and it's only what's on paper that counts. Before December, we never even got any paper other than the 6-yr, 100-k mile warranty brochure at the time of sale! Do we have a case?

JETX

"Do we have a case?"
*** The only way to create any viable case would be to get the salesman and/or manager to put their error in writing. Absent that, any claim you make would be a high risk 'toss of the dice'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">