• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Warranty Work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

arhethee

What is the name of your state? TX

Took my car ('91 BMW 525) to a machanic replace/fix tranny. Was told he could re-build it for $1,200 and came with a 6 mo. unlimited mile warranty.

After several calls to come p/u the car (claiming it was ready, but never was) three weeks later got the car back.

Approx. 40 days later tranny failed. Asked for money refunded, refused and stated warranty does not refund money but rather work, "as many times as it takes."

2 more weeks in the shop w/out a car. P/U car next day experiencing leak, load noise and slip in first/second gears. On June 5 was told warranty expired. (original receipt date 12/18/2002). After headed debate/argument, stated "I'll fix it this time but it's the last time."

Again, 2 weeks later P/U car, noticed in the car an empty box of Tranny Noise and leak reducer fluid. Car made same noise, shift problem and leak.

Can I sue in Small Claims? What should the demand letter state?? What is the Statue of limitation???

Thanks.

P...

Last edited:

C

CaliCat

The warranty should be extended each time a repair is made. Just go to small claims. Any judge worth his beans will find in your favor if you kept the receipts.

racer72

CaliCat said:
The warranty should be extended each time a repair is made. J
Not true. If that was the case the warranty could be extended for years. The OP can attempt to sue for poor workmanship and the cost to have the transmission properly repaired. He will of course have to pay for the new repair first, and using the information given to him by the new repair shop seek compensation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">