• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automatic debit to my bank account instead of cashing my check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

showdog

What is the name of your state? Georgia

The finance company that holds the loan on my RV sent a message in their last bill that said payment by check would be considered authorization to electronically debit my bank account, plus they would keep my check! Can they do this? The finance company is a national company headquartered in Minnesota, and I am in Georgia. This is going to cause me extra work when balancing my bank statement.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

showdog said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

The finance company that holds the loan on my RV sent a message in their last bill that said payment by check would be considered authorization to electronically debit my bank account, plus they would keep my check! Can they do this? The finance company is a national company headquartered in Minnesota, and I am in Georgia. This is going to cause me extra work when balancing my bank statement.

My response:

Start using Cashier's, or American Express, checks. Do not let anyone have direct access to your accounts. Creditors have a way of becoming over zealous when they have permission to debit accounts. Always maintain control over your own money.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">