• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automatically renewable BURGLAR ALARM contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JERRYPRIMACK

Can a burglar alarm contract automatically renew without the alarm company giving me advance notification prior to each renewal date? How can I be expected to schedule a cancellation date 2-years in advance? Especiallly with the added constraints of having to give a 60-day written notice.

HomeGuru

JERRYPRIMACK said:
Can a burglar alarm contract automatically renew without the alarm company giving me advance notification prior to each renewal date? How can I be expected to schedule a cancellation date 2-years in advance? Especiallly with the added constraints of having to give a 60-day written notice.
**A: what does your contract state?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JERRYPRIMACK said:

My response:

That's why they invented calendars and computers. Ever hear of those?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My further response:

. . . and, God forbid, don't ever lease a car!

How could the dealership ever EXPECT you to turn the car in on time?

IAAL

JETX

Or you can do like I do. The day after you sign one of those long term contracts.... give them written notice of your intent to cancel on the last day.

Simply:
"This is notice of my intent to cancel the alarm system contract as of November 1, 2006."
Then send it be certified RRR mail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">