• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automobile Repair gone Wrong!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mhami

Hi There,

My husband had the transmission on his truck repaired at a Transmission shop in California. However, the shop did not repair the truck properly. My husband disputed the cost of the repair which was on his Visa. Credit was given to him and recently the charge went into Visa's arbitration. The decision of the arbitration was that he DOES owe the money as the owner of the shop was not given the chance to correct the problem.

This is not correct as my husband did give the owner two chances to fix the problem. The second time the truck was in the shop it took him two weeks to get the vehicle back. My husband also had to get estimates from other companies as evidence of the cost and that problem that still exists for the Visa company. The cost is around $1,400.

My question is, is it possible to take the owner to small claims court and win a case like this? Also, the work came with a warranty, but for the obvious reasons, my husband does not want to have it repaired by this shop. Would a judge issue credit for the work OR order the owner to repair the vehicle again?

Thanks for any input.

Marianne

PS. I love this web site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">