• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BA Flight Tickets - Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mocha12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Please advice me on how to handle my situation.

I had a family emergency in March and bought 2 British Airways tickets (operated by American Airlines) through a travel agency from Texas to India. I got the e-ticket from travel agency and checked the accuracy of our names (me & my wife) and it was all good. At the time of check-in I was told that my wife's name was misspelled in the flight reservation. The name was correct in the flight ticket but it was spelled wrong in the flight reservation by the travel agency.

American Airlines didn't allow my wife to board the flight and suggested me to fix the name in the reservation. I tried to call the travel agency several times but they didn't respond. I tried to contact them through 24/7 email support but that email got bounced. I tried to call British Airways and they confirmed that they cannot make any change to the ticket without the authorization of the travel agency, whom I was unable to reach out.

At 8:45 PM - with time running out for the 9:30 PM flight, I had to buy a ticket for 2950$ one-way to India - which is 3 times the cost of the original ticket. After attending the family death, I came back to US and reached out to the travel agency. They said that there was nothing wrong from their end and it must be a mistake by the air lines (British Airways). Travel agency folks are communicating with British Airways. I'm awaiting for an update from them.

I didn't do anything wrong from my part. I'm expecting the original ticket price refund and compensation on the second ticket (2950$) from the airlines. Please advice me on how to handle the above situation?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">