• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad advice from customer support tv now not working

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mitsubishiowner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin
This started with a call to Mitsubishi for advice on how to use a over the air HD antenna, during the call the support persons had me upgrade firmware that lead to the TV not working at all. This was followed by many phone conversations with tech support and then to a flash drive with instructions, this didn't work but now i have paperwork that warns to not unplug or turn off TV during firmware upgrade, and that is what happened during the support call that was made to begin with. The tech said over the phone to unplug TV 7 times during upgrade. The customer support tech admits that this was wrong to do but to get the TV repaired they say i must pay labor to fix and they will provide parts, after they sent a TV tech to my house to trouble shoot the problem free of charge. My question is simple should I continue to try to make them pay for all of the repair by taking them to a small claims court or not I we don't have much extra money to do both a repair and court costs let alone a whole new TV. thank you in advance

charges for the repair will amount to $260.00
TV is 4 yrs old and out of warranty as they continue to remind me, but this was there fault as I was only following there directions over the phone.

swalsh411

And this is why many companies will flat out refuse to help people if they product is even a day out of warrenty.

Look at is this way, it would almost certainly cost you more than $260 to fix had you never called them.

BL

You can always try a complaint with your local Office Of Attorney General's - consumer affairs .

Request solution to be fixed at no charge as a good gesture of consumer services.

The OAG has the consumer contact person's for many major Companies and will forward your complaint to them.

Then wait for perhaps over a month for a Neg. .positive, or no reply from the Co., or pay the Labor anyways.

Should have researched the out of warranty issue online.

Mitsubishiowner

Thank all of you for response!

I guess this is as far as I should take this according to the responses and that's why I came here, but I think that it was there call and the TV worked fine before this :mad: I have a small business and been doing a good job at respecting my customers no matter what they complain about and try to make them happy even if it's at my cost just to make sure I may have there business in the future, this is the difference between big and small. This will reflect on my next purchase of media devices for sure! Thanks again!

BL

I guess this is as far as I should take this according to the responses and that's why I came here, but I think that it was there call and the TV worked fine before this :mad: I have a small business and been doing a good job at respecting my customers no matter what they complain about and try to make them happy even if it's at my cost just to make sure I may have there business in the future, this is the difference between big and small. This will reflect on my next purchase of media devices for sure! Thanks again!
Make sure to provide all relevant dates & contacts ,instructions they gave you,etc.

One poster was right, they should have never advised you as out of warranty, but since they did ask all cost be covered, as a good gesture.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">