• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad car lease - Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ankushpatel67

I negotiated a bad car lease and based on some analysis I think I am paying almost $150/month more than I should be over a 36 month period, the Ford Dealer and Ford Credit will not do anything to sort things out. Do I have legal recourse, any chance of making a case? Thanks.

OHRoadwarrior

If its sole basis is on your poor negotiating skills, rather than an actual math error, not a chance. Buyers remorse is not actionable.

sandyclaus

I negotiated a bad car lease and based on some analysis I think I am paying almost $150/month more than I should be over a 36 month period, the Ford Dealer and Ford Credit will not do anything to sort things out. Do I have legal recourse, any chance of making a case? Thanks.
Nope. The time to negotiate your price and payment amount was before the finance contract was drawn up. Once signed, it is fully binding and enforceable.

Car dealers aren't legally obligated to offer you the best price you can get. That's why car dealers don't have set prices. They make money on whatever deal they can negotiate with their customer - the higher the price or finance rate, the more profit they make. As such, it's on the buyer to be wise enough to make an informed decision when buying and obtaining dealer financing. You have to do your homework and research BEFORE you commit to a purchase contract.

While some states do offer a limited rescission period to change your mind, after that time has passed you don't get to change your mind - and the seller and/or finance company is under no obligation to renegotiate. That's why they're ignoring you. They know there's nothing you can do about it.

swalsh411

If you negotiated a great less but then months later Ford Credit or the dealership said you have to be paying more where would you tell them to stick it?

There is nothing to "sort out". Terms were negotiated and now the parties are obligated to follow them.

latigo

Do you have legal recourse? Possibly.

But it would not involve compelling the dealership to “sort things out” or RE-negotiating the lease. Courts have no authority to modify a contract or direct the principles to rewrite it.

Your only chance would be a civil action to rescind the lease.

And the only evidence that could sustain an action for rescission is that which would establish a material misrepresentation by the dealership . . . (not so good)

OR (better) that the terms of the agreement are so unconscionable as to create a presumption of undue influence to the degree that one party took an unfair advantage of the other.

You say that the contract rental rate is more than it should have been. Which is probably true as those string tie salesmen in cheap shoes and white socks are trained and motivated by avarice to extract every peso they can out of a customer.

So if you could prove that the same vehicle(s), or model(s) of comparable sticker price, have been leased or offered by the dealership to other customers for substantially less than you are paying, you might have a shot at them in court.

To most of us peons five grand difference over 3 years is a chunk of cabbage. So it might be worth your time to explore the issue with a trial lawyer.

Also, I have never seen a jury place a car dealership on a pedestal. So you might have that going for you.

You might even try having a friend approach the same agency as you did and see what they offer him.

Not a girlfriend, however, as they are always considered fair game.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">