• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rockito

I got 2 bad checks from a person. The checks were issued to my 15yr old son for work he did over a 3 week period. the checks were deposited in my account and bounced. Now I am out the money $300 This person also refuses to pay my son $195 for the last week he worked, saying that he lost his job and doesn't have any money. He said "screw you, do what you have to do to get your money". I know for a fact that he quit his job with bad checks to other people at a furniture store and warehouse.
I found that this is only a Class C misdimeanor. What is that? Like a ticket for stealing. Seems more like intent to defraud, and should be in jail or pay up.

[Edited by rockito on 07-15-2001 at 12:36 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">