• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad custom cabinet job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badcabinets

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI
I had custom cabinets built, and am completely unsatisfied with them. I paid $2,500.00 down, and owe a substantial balance which I don't want to pay because there are many, many problems with the units. Do I have to hire a lawyer to get my down payment back and get the guy to remove the cabinets? He's offered to correct the problems, but many of the problems can't be fixed. The cabinets will need to be remade. I was told they would be completed in 4-5 weeks, which turned into 12 weeks, and when he came to address my concerns and looked at the cabinets, couldn't, or didn't want to see the problems with them. I don't believe he knows what he's doing and don't really want to wait another 3 months to have them rebuilt. Help. What can I do?

tranquility

You will probably have to hire an attorney, but I find it extremely unlikely you will get any of your $2,500 back. Unless we're talking about cardboard and spit cabinets, you will probably be liable for more. Maybe the entire amount if you don't allow the person to "cure".

If you get representation now, you may avoid paying the entire amount and could prevent a lien being placed on your property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">