• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad install of new car motor.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pmarc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I need some ideas on next steps to take with my mechanic, after he installed a used motor a month ago.

The car bucks intermittently. He's allowed 3 follow-up service calls, charged me only for one call after replacing coils and plugs. No idea what he looked at in service call #1 and #2.

I spent $2,000 for the install and the car runs bad, and of course it's dangerous (you don't know when you're NOT going to accellerate) and I can't make a living when I'm in his shop, not to mention my wife and I have to repeatedly make plans when there's one less car. He's offering almost free return visits for as long as it takes him to fix it permanently.

Mechanic purchased the motor from a local supplier.

So what would you all do? Thanx.

pmarc

re: Sounds like a loose/broken motor mount if it really bucks.

What I mean is ... a symptom like there's inconsistent fuel supplied to motor. Less, a transmission or bad mounting feel. I don't really know since I'm not technical. It's pretty bad now. Sometimes it's almost like a stall... then you keep on the accelerator and it kicks in and you gain speed. The bucking I guess is a LAG.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">