• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad paint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

claychan

life time warranties

hi hope you can help. i have a 95 nissan 300zx in california and when the paint started to peel in the front i took it to a national chain body shop that repainted the front. unfortunately the paint again began to peel. approx 6-8 mo. after, i was in a rear fender bender and took my car to a "reputable" body shop for the repair. they offered to fix the back but also stated they can fix the front and back by repainting the whole car so i would never have any problems with chipping/peeling paint. a warranty was given to me staing"all work performed by Brinka's is guaranteed for the life of your ownership of the vehicle". 2 years later i am have the same chipping/peeling paint and when i brought the car back to the shop they said it was not their problem because it was not their paint peeling but rather the underneath paint. given the history of bad paint why would they just paint over instead of adequately preparing the surface, or if they felt preparing the surface in the surface in the regular way can still have failure why did they not give alternatives prior to the job..i.e.replace the bumpercover then paint it. in either scenario where is their liability
thanx

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">