• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bait and Switch Scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

modrain

What is the name of your state? pa
I was quoted a price of $1995.00 for a 4 ply roof from a roofer. The day he started the work, 3 hours into the job, the salesperson told me that I needed a new skylight and low areas had to be built up. The price jumped to $3,800.00. After approximately 12 days later, I found out I was a victim of a bait and switch scam. I had a home inspector and another roofer tell me exactly what was done to my roof. It is not worth $3,800.00. I want to warn people about this company by making signs up mentioning this company name and to beware of their bait and swithch scam. Can I be sued for defamation of character if I have proof? It just so happened that they also had my replacement skylight loaded on their truck. I was told it was for a different job. Who loads their truck up with someone else's skylight on a friday?

Last edited:

H

hexeliebe

Did you make disparaging remarks that the house didn't like and now is taking your to court?

Let's get real here. There is no way anyone can give you a legitimate opinon based on what you have posted.

So, in other words, Not on what you based. Now, if you'd like to elaborate, you might get another answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">