• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bank account garnished

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rhilburn

What is the name of your state? Tx. I signed on with a company several years back to become an independent sales rep. We had to sign 4-year contracts with 2 seperate companies in order to become members and to get paid. 3 months later the company closed leaving me with 2 contracts to pay. I paid one contract out but stopped payment on the other because it was $115.00/month. They have since sued me and have now seized my bank account leaving me without a way to pay other bills. I already paid them for a year and a half. What can I do to get my account open and do I need an attorney to do it.

Shay-Pari'e

You know, and I know that there is much more to this story. We cannot read your contract, so you need to hire a attorney to go through all legal issues of your contract.

JETX

Rhilburn said:
What can I do to get my account open
Simple.... you don't. The judgment creditor has the right to seize your bank funds (as long as the source is not exempt) and apply that money to the judgment. As for your 'woe is me'.... they wouldn't have had to seize your funds if you had paid the judgment as you were supposed to.

and do I need an attorney to do it.
Nope.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">