• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

c5c5

State: Minnesota

Subject: Does Bank Share Responsibility For Keeping Customers Informed of Policies?

I was charged a 28.00 overdraft fee to my bank account. I am very angry because the bank did not inform me of their policy of overdraft fees with debit cards. My (x) bank charged me the fee because my account went insufficient funds. It went insufficient funds because they authorized a check card purchase when I did not have enough funds in the account. I was under by 2 dollars.

I checked my welcome packet when I originally joined the bank, and there IS NO MENTION OF THIS POLICY in any of the materials. If I would have known about it, I would have used my check card more judiciously in order to avoid the fees.(Not that I normally dont, but I would have been EXTREMELY careful to watch what I have.)

The bank refuses to refund the money to me, even in the interests of customer service. I feel cheated and under-informed.

Should I just swallow my pride and let this go? Or should I seek further action? Do I even have a case at all?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">