• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank Ignores subpoenaed Requests

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

diw1here

What is the name of your state? CA.
A very high profile bank has systematically refused to provide “subpoenaed” information for over 3 years - with NO WRITTEN explanation as to why the information was not supplied! The subpoenaed information is critical to my divorce case where I need to “prove” my wife siphoned 175K+ from our joint account over about a 15+ year period so I can recoup some of these funds in the final settlement. Because of their illegal and unethical business approach they are destroying my credibility and integrity with my children, family and friends – Please Help! My divorce case intends to prove my wife’s primary method of diverting these funds was to write checks to nationally known stores, like Wal-Mart, Ross, Staples, Sav-On, Mervyns, Sears, etc., but actually depositing such checks into other bank accounts! I have official letters from some of the stores that state certain checks that I provided did not get deposited by any of their stores. Other stores stated that certain deposit account numbers, where some checks were deposited, are NOT in any way associated with their stores. Of course, I have original checks made-out to stores with both valid and invalid deposits. This scheme was sophisticated enough that both the valid and invalid checks appear to have very similar cash register attendant notations on the front of the checks, and very similar “store stamps” on the backs of such checks. After about a year of requesting specific bank account information regarding name, holder, and owner of “unknown” bank account deposit numbers and getting jerked around by This bank’s customer service reps and customer service escalation reps, I wrote letters to ALL of This bank’s top executives explaining my situation and pleading for some assistance. I have a diary of my conversations with an “executive” that was assigned to my case, and it is typical of how this bank has consistently lied to me, kept giving me misleading and sometimes false information! In my last subpoena to This bank one entry requested “any and all” account information related to account name, owner of account, signature cards, etc., specific to 8 listed deposit accounts. This bank’s official response was a page with the list of the account numbers with a hand written notation next to “ALL 8” requested bank account numbers that read “unable to locate”! Some of these requested account numbers had checks transactions within the last 2 years! My divorce case has been on hold for 3+ years because I can’t get the “final proof” that my wife executed this deception scheme. All divorce lawyers say they are not prepared or inclined to challenge This bank, and that This bank “knows” they don’t have to respond to subpoenas! Now, even more important to me is what this bank has done to me regarding my credibility and integrity with my children, my family, my friends and associates, by not complying with court subpoenas. One explanation as to why this bank is not providing requested info is because they are liable for the cashing these checks! Many of this bank’s representatives have told me that this bank has “safeguards” in place to protect against such schemes! Now I agree it would be very difficult to walk up to a teller and try to deposit a check made-out to Wal-Mart into a personal account. However, there may be other deposit approaches where validating a “payee” name with account name is less obvious and therefore less important, for example, depositing many checks – of which a few are the checks made-out to the stores -- through an ATM machine or depositing many checks into a business account.
It is very obvious that this bank is NOT going to comply with any of my subpoenas (several subpoenas over a 3 year period) and they are NOT going to state in writing WHY they are not complying! Someone please help me with this bank!

V

vharkless

try this

I'm not a lawyer, but if the accounts are in your name, you may try sending a complaint to the banks regulator (i.e. FDIC, SIPC). If you are ordering statements, they usually charge a fee for to retrieve archived bank statements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">