• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the bank lost my check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amstradr

dora, alabama
i mailed union planters bank, via certified mail, a check for my house payment. it was signed for, i received the return receipt card back stating the fact. the check was lost in the office of the union planters bank. the bank is now demanding that i stop payment on the lost check and send them another check. the error was not mine. should i pay 26 dollars to stop payment and another certified mail fee, 3.94, to send another check? should i pay for their mistake?

A

amstradr

dora, alabama
i have a lease contract agreement with the owner of the home. a rent to own deal, with a year to go. took over payments in 93. started paying directly to bank only 6 months ago. was paying owner. i am not allow to talk to union planters bank directly, am i? it is not my account, yet. is still in first party's name. therefore, the first party is not willing to work out anything with the bank on my behalf. what to do? amstradr

A

amstradr

dora, alabama
the directions in the set-up said to be brief. i thought that was what i was doing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">