• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bank payment dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

johnson53

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
In October my van was supposed to be paid off. When I didn't receive my final payment notice I contacted the bank. I was told I had three deferments and wouldn't be paid off until January. I do recall one I made via a postcard from the bank offering a Christmas deferment in '97. Unfortunately I have no recollection of the other two. When I called the bank and asked for the dates so that I can research cancelled checks through my bank they were unable to offer this information. They are also unable to present the paper work involved in these transactions ... if I'm not mistaken they need my signature. They told me that they are not responsible for keeping this information on file. They did offer me my payment history but my payments were a bit sporadic at times (I went through a bankruptcy in 2000) and without the dates it's confusing. He did tell me that one was definitely in 1998 ... My payment history shows this is incorrect. A good friend that is a bank manager of another bank told me there is no reason they wouldn't have this information readily available. Where do I stand??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">