• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bank took money out of my account when i put stop payment on it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vondagail2002

What is the name of your state? virginia,a company that i dont even know,took $500.00 out of my account last year i put stop payment on it.they took $250.00 this year i called my bank they said they werent responsible for this because of a 6 month rule,on stop payments. i didnt even have money in the account until 3 days later.they took the money out then.i called this suposeble company and they said my money is norefundable.but i never signed a contract with them or even gotten anything from them.do i have a case or not?

L

loku

You have no case against the bank because the stop payment was over 6 months old and you apparently did not renew it. However, you do have a cause of action against the company that took the money, if you can prove your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">