• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued for car after dealer lied on condition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fathom65

need some help on this one please

hello, i live in pinellas county florida. i purchased a car 2 years with my in laws cosign. was told the book value was 13,000 for 98 honda civic. in laws had a bank in ny to finance. they went by dealers say so that it was booked at that $$$. come to find out 3 months later that the car was in a wreck and whole rearend replaced.i spoke to the finance co. they said they will look into it. went to dealership and they said tuff. called honda corp. for united states. they called dealer and called me back and said they will trade car in for a car worth 4,000 not 13,000 they said it was not worth 13,000. told them to come get the car. they got it 3 months later after i stop paying. sold it at auction(finance co. did)for 7,000 below my selling price. well finance co. is sueing in laws for the car in new york. the car was sold to me in tampa. then sold at auction in orlando. in laws sued in new york. now i have been disowned by in laws because of the car.what can i do? do i have a case so in laws are not sued or am i stuck. to top it off the person we bought the car from use to work at this dealership and she said she could get us financed. well the sales person knew it was a junk car prior to selling. i need help real bad. any advise would help thank you
nick

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">