• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Sued for Recommending Someone to do a Job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tranquility

If you were negligent in your recommendation and the person caused damages, you could be liable.

That's why most businesses say as little as possible and rarely recommend someone.

duck9

My husband made the suggestion as a possible consideration based on work that had been performed for us. The strange thing is the suit is filled with totally inaccurate information, i.e., that the party paid my husband (no money exchanged), that my step son charged material to our Lowe's account (we don't have a Lowe's account), he referred to my husband a "a thief" and "out to get his money" (again my husband received no gain of any kind, including monetary), etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">