• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued w/forged contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slbugaboo

What is the name of your state? NH

I had a verbal agreement w/someone and things went south. They have since forged my name to a written contract with added stipulations and are suing me. I am defending prose since I lost my life savings doing business with this guy. I heard once that if someone forges your name to a contract or different contract that any previous agreements become invalid. Is this true and if so where do I find documentation to present in court?

S

slbugaboo

Could this be considered a breach of the original agreement?

G

guyinevv

I dont know about the laws in NH regarding verbal contracts but i do know that the other person has committed a crime by forging your name to a fake contract so there is no way that the contract would hold up in court. When u go to court, tell them that it isnt your signature and they will have you sign your name and compare it to the one on the contract. If it doesnt match, they most likely will toss his case out anyways.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">