• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Best Buy, Worst Rebate Offers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nvr2bcn

The beautiful Grand Canyon State of Arizona, in North America, the land of the Brave!

BEST BUY HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE WORST REBATE OFFERS. (Their corporate office minnesota)

If you shop at Best Buy, let us know if you see their nose grow or if their pants catch fire!

Their rebate offers are honored if the postmarked date is 30 days from the date of purchase. Okay, Purchased 9/19/2004. 30 calendar days in September. Post marked 10/19/2004 = 30 days? Agree? They don't. They rejected 2 $50.00 rebates because they say the postmarked date was 31 days. Come on! The offer was valid to 10/25/2004 on both rebates.

And cross your fingers Best Buy doesn't lose the other 2 rebate submission requests sent the same day 10/19/2004 but to another state. (or they just did not feel like making a record of receiving it.) The total amount was $150.00 and another $50.00 rebate that I am still owed. Total amount $300.00 they refuse to return to me. Those two offers were good through 10/31/2004.

When I sent photos of the original rebate requiests, they lost that request as well. Now I am feeling ripped off, not to mention the fact they sold a damaged computer to me, then they demanded I pay an additional $150 to exchange it. I refused to pay to exchange it. So they gave me $70.00 back. Why not $150.00? Clearly, they took advantage of me.

Any advise, or suggestions to help me receive my money back would be appreciated!

Last edited:

shortbus

Are you sure the problem is with Best Buy. Most electronics rebates are offered by the manufacturer, not the retailer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">