• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Big bad bail bond company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdave2008

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I bailed out my BF about a year ago and now finally the case is completed, I went back to the bail bond company I used and they tell me they have no record of my deposit of 800 dollars.

Now when my bf got arrested it was the first time ever and I was distrot it was 3 am in the morning, the company representative told me it would be about 1k to get him out so I gave him 250 for the processing fee and 800 for the collateral. Now maybe they took advantage of a foolish young girl 3 am in the morning but I didn’t get any paper work on the 800(now know to me) as I did not understand the process or all the forms and was desperate to just get him out.

when I returned I spoke to the secretary initially who stated they were having many people coming in with situation just like ours and the previous managers were friends of the owner and just walked away and now alot of people ended up without their money.

We then spoke to a manger who said he would see what they could do and maybe get us back a little something then waited 3 weeks and they just told us pretty much tuff luck there corporate office stated no paperwork no payment and that goes for the other people to...

WHAT CAN WE DO

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I bailed out my BF about a year ago and now finally the case is completed, I went back to the bail bond company I used and they tell me they have no record of my deposit of 800 dollars.

Now when my bf got arrested it was the first time ever and I was distrot it was 3 am in the morning, the company representative told me it would be about 1k to get him out so I gave him 250 for the processing fee and 800 for the collateral. Now maybe they took advantage of a foolish young girl 3 am in the morning but I didn’t get any paper work on the 800(now know to me) as I did not understand the process or all the forms and was desperate to just get him out.

when I returned I spoke to the secretary initially who stated they were having many people coming in with situation just like ours and the previous managers were friends of the owner and just walked away and now alot of people ended up without their money.

We then spoke to a manger who said he would see what they could do and maybe get us back a little something then waited 3 weeks and they just told us pretty much tuff luck there corporate office stated no paperwork no payment and that goes for the other people to...

WHAT CAN WE DO
You have to prove they owe you money. If you can't then my only suggestion would be to get the money from the person who got arrested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">