• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

boat deal gone bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

boat man

I placed my boat on a consignment lot and the man who owned the lot sold the boat to a buyer. I have not received my money and the new owner has not received the title since my bank owns it. Apparently, the lot owner has defrauded a bunch of people in the same manner and criminal charges have been brought against him. My problem is I am paying a loan for a boat I no longer have, plus insurance on the boat to cover the loan, and the new owner has paid for the boat as well. I may have to sue the new owner to get my boat back since I still have the title. The lot owner has no money and their is no way I'll get money out of him, especially since he's going to jail. Any thoughts or ideas on this type of situation as to what I should do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">