• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought 4w, got 2w drive

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Affatato1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alaska

When I bought my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in 2006, they told me it was either AWD or 4WD. He said that was standard in this model. I bought the car for $9,000.00 and enjoyed it for that summer.

Come winter, we realized something totally different. It was 2 wheel drive, rear wheel. The next year a sensor went out and my car required about 1,800.00 dollars in repairs. Well, every model EXCEPT the 2 wheel drive of my car had a recall to replace that sensor. So, I was out that cost as well.

I didn't consider it until recently that I'd not only paid extra for 4WD, but also repairs that I wouldn't have had to pay for otherwise.

It's now 2010, obviously. Do I have a right to sue? What rights can I claim about this? I don't want to just tell the guy, "hey you owe me at least eighteen hundred bucks for repairs that shouldn't have been my responsibility" and then look stupid if I didn't have a right to say it this late into the game.

Advice?

Mass_Shyster

It appears that the statute if limitations for contracts in Alaska is three years. If that information is correct, it ran out some time last year.

swalsh411

How the heck could you not realize it was 2WD? All you need to do is look under the vehicle for 5 seconds and/or notice the lack of a 4WD selector next to the gear shift.

Affatato1

Never owned a 4wd vehicle before, didn't know. Besides, AWD vehicles don't have the option to swap as I understand it. Supposed to be the difference between 4wd and AWD.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">