• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought a bad car and possibly want out of the contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sevans

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My husband and I bought a car Saturday night about midnight from a large dealer. As soon as we got the car off the lot we have had nothing but problems. The tranmission is slipping and it idles with a jerk and is just a horrible car. Of course it didn't do this when we test drove it. Are we able to get out of this contract or what rights do we have since we didn't purchase their over-priced warranty. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

HomeGuru

sevans said:
What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My husband and I bought a car Saturday night about midnight from a large dealer. As soon as we got the car off the lot we have had nothing but problems. The tranmission is slipping and it idles with a jerk and is just a horrible car. Of course it didn't do this when we test drove it. Are we able to get out of this contract or what rights do we have since we didn't purchase their over-priced warranty. Any suggestions would be wonderful.
**A: did you purchase a new car or a used one? If used, what is the year and mileage, was there a standard warranty and was this an "as-is" sale?

S

sevans

It was used..."as is"...'99 63000 miles During the sale the salesperson agreed to fix some other problems so I am hoping they will be standup people and fix these porblems that were obviously a problem when we bought it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">