• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought new car for wrong price (cheaper)!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rocyoj

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MA

My husband and I just bought a new truck (1 week ago) - signed all the paperwork and drove the truck home. The dealership made a $10,000 error on the paperwork in our favor - so essentially we bought the truck for $10,000 under the agreed upon price.

The dealership caught the error and called to have us come in and "resign some paperwork". Ethical obligations aside -- would there be any legal reason we would have to resign the papers?

Thanks.

S

samrio

Were both parties present when you signed the contract (seller and both buyers?) They have an obligation to look over before they sign. If you both signed then you agreed in writing about what was sold. I think you should contact a lawyer. Never dealt with it myself, but a friend of mine had purchased a used vehicle and had the same type of error. Needless to say it wasn't 10000 it was more like 2,000 and he got it for the price agreed on paper. Then again it was only $2k vs $10k, so you should seek a lawyer to consult!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">